TIMIȘENI MONASTERY

Timiseni Monastery was founded in 1944 by the Metropolitan Vasile Lazarescu. Around the monastery the are found weaving workshops, painting icons and places necessary for the proper households. The chapel inside the monastery was once the place where religious services were officiated.

Timiseni Monastery is dissolved during communism and reorganized by Metropolitan Nicolae Corneanu. The interior painting of the monastery was made by Victor Jurca from Lugoj and its sanctification ceremonial took place on 29 August 1972. Near the monastery a building was also built to house the refectory, the cells, sewing and painting icons workshops. In 2003 started the construction of a larger church and a new body cells.

 

Address: 
ȘAG, TIMIS
Pictures: 
Location: 
Zone: