Cebza village is first mentioned in official documents in 1337 under the name Ciacova. He is reminded in the papal documents, which were at that time the only documentary sources for several localities in the Banat area.
Cebza village is mentioned in documents as being under the authority of the nobility of Ciacova since 1395. In 1424, in the property act, the village Cebza presented an ascending demographic situation. With 92 households, 11 fountains and a church without the tower wall, Cebza was well beyond the average demographic Central-European time.
Cebza monastery is first mentioned in the seventeenth century (1758-1759). However, this touristic site is believed to be much older, built around the fifteenth century. In 1880, the first Orthodox Church is built in the village and manages to withstand major floods since 1912. Then, the village is almost totally destroyed except for some households that were stronger.